Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kim Bap 김밥

Ingredients
4 cups of white rice
Dried seaweed for kimbap / sushi rolls
Bulgogi
1 tablespoon sugar
Dash of salt
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
Spinach
Dakwan
2 eggs
Sliced cheese

First step is to cook the 4 cups of white rice.  After it's finished cooling, I just unplugged the rice cooker to let the rice cool down to room temperature.  Then you need to season the rice. I mixed together the rice vinegar, sugar and salt then mixed it into the rice.


I first cracked the two eggs, beat it and then fried them on the pan.

Also started to cook the bulgogi. You can buy it from the store pre-marinated, or here is the link to marinade it yourself


Once cooked set it aside to cool down to room temperature too


I didn't have as many vegetables as I wanted, so I used what I had.  You can put more things in like carrots, etc if you like. I also used bulgogi, but some people like the spam!



Now, here comes the rolling! Just be sure to roll it very tightly the entire time. First, spread out some rice on the seaweed. I leave some room at the edge and cover about 3/4 of the sheet


Then put your ingredients on top


Start to roll from the side closest to you - making sure to roll it very tightly. I let go of it here so I could take the picture =)  But then I started again from the beginning to make sure it was tightly wrapped



I did about 6 then took a picture. I think I ended up with about 10 rolls in the end! Me and the Mister had it for dinner and brought some to lunch the next day too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment