Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bruschetta

The Mr and I were SO full from all the food we ate yesterday, that we just wanted to snack for dinner... Ended up just making some bruschetta and eating some prosciutto too ~

French baguette or Italian bread
2 tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Chopped basil
Dash of salt and pepper


Slice up the bread in thin slices



Line up the bread on foil to broil... I used my toaster oven... Cooked 1 minute and then flipped it over for another minute.... all depends on the oven you have



While the bread is toasting, I diced up my tomatoes



I took out the middle part because it makes it so watery


Hopefully you have read the whole blog before you started cooking... =) because you need to watch the bread while you prepare everything else........ after the bread is done (above), take it out to add the garlic and olive oil





Brush the garlic on the bread..... depending on how much you like garlic put more or less~ then add a dot of olive oil on top and pop it back into the broiler to make it crispy


Toast it until it's crispy..... toast as you like~ we like ours a little more on the burnt / toasted side... this is all going on while you do the tomatoes~! Back to the tomatoes..........

I used a little basil (see below) wash and then take the leaves off and chop off and chop it up~




You can add the tomatoes raw or cook them a bit.......I ended up cooking it a bit. Heated up the pan with some olive oil~ then add the tomatoes and basil




Don't cook it too long~ add some salt and pepper and then when you are ready plate and serve! I drizzled some balsamic vinegar on top too

No comments:

Post a Comment