Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fish Tacos

I found this recipe somewhere awhile ago and I cannot remember where! But I atleast wanted to share it since it's pretty yummy

1 pound of fish - i used Mahi Mahi (red snapper also works)
Marinade: 1/4 canola oil, 1 lime, juice squeezed out, 1 TB chili powder, 1 chopped jalapeno, 1/4 chopped cilantro
tortillas
optional: salsa, guacamole, cheese, spanish rice

Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.  Set it aside and now you have to get the fish ready.


I usually ask them to cut the skin off of the fish for me at the market, but I forgot this time so I had to (not fun!)





Cut it into small pieces and then mix together with the marinade




You can prepare it the day before and leave it in the fridge for dinner the next day.  I made this in the morning for lunch so it's a smaller portion then I would make for dinner


Make sure it marinades at least 30 minutes

When you are ready, you can cook it on the stove with some olive oil



Pop some tortillas in the oven or microwave - whatever you prefer! I had some shredded cheese and salsa in small bowls too






Normally I would make spanish rice and guacamole too but since this was for lunch and not dinner we kept it simple

No comments:

Post a Comment