Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dak Jjim 닭찜

I used my pressure cooker for this... but you can use your stove top instead if you like.  This was a serving for about 2 people

Ingredients
1 lb chicken
1 cup of soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
dash of pepper
1 lb soy bean paste (dwenjang)
water to boil
dangmyun noodles - amount up to you
1 sweet potato (or regular potato)
2 sliced kochu
sliced mushrooms
4-5 peeled garlic
1 minced garlic
1 tb sugar

First I mixed together my soy sauce, minder garlic, sesame oil and sugar and pepper.
I marinated the chicken overnight


Try to marinate it at least 4 hours

The next day~

Took out the vegetables to prepare





Added it to my pressure cooker (or big pot if you are doing it on the stove)


The veggies



I poured enough water to cover it above an inch.  And set my pressure cooker to slow cook! If you are using your stove cover it with water so about 2-3 inches of water is above the veggies and cook on low heat for about 4-5 hours

When the pressure cooker was almost done, I started to boil water for the dangmyun



While boiling the noodles got the noodle marinade ready, about 2 tb of soy sauce and 1/2 tb of sugar


When the noodles area ready (cook to directions) add the soy sauce mix







Add the chicken mix!




Ate it with our fav spicy dduk on the side


No comments:

Post a Comment