Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bibimbap 비빔밥

Yes, I know bibimbap is basically throwing random things together and eating it, but this I think just makes it a bit yummier =)

You can make this dish with any veggies you like! And also throw in some bulbogi too (see previous post for recipe).

This was a good, healthy, quick meal for those days when me and the Mister get home late from work and can't eat until 9pm.. we are starving, but don't want take out.

I didn't have alot of veggies when I took these pictures so excuse the lack of ingredients =)

Heat up a pan with some olive oil and throw some mushrooms and onions to cook... Again, if you want to add additional veggies like carrots, broccoli etc feel free.... anything that needs to be cooked before you start mixing...


Next throw in any veggies that don't really need to be precooked on it's own... I put in spinach (blanched the spinach with dash of salt, then drained and added some a little salt, sesame oil) and kongnamul. Then add in your rice - I have two servings here:



Mix everything together on low heat. Just keeping an eye on the pot and mixing things around every once in awhile, I cooked some bulbogi on a separate pan. Then I added it to the pot with everything along with a bit of the juice from the bulbogi pan:

Then add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of kochujang


I then add about 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, or changkeelum. Mix everything together leaving it on low heat. In the meantime, I fried two eggs on a separate pan. Once the eggs are ready, plate your bibimbap mix, add some crushed kim, and the egg on top and you're done! I keep the sesame oil at the table to add for taste while eating too



No comments:

Post a Comment