Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ojinguh banchan

I am very computer illiterate. I do not know how to use, obtain, set up a Korean keyboard so please excuse my Konglish!

I only started cooking when I lived alone abroad. I learned most my recipes from my mom and the others I read on the internet and after a couple tries, everyone starts to add their little twist to it.

This is one of my husband's favorite side dishes, or banchan.

Ingredients:
Dried ojinguh
2 tablespoons of kochujang
5 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of corn syrup, mulyut
red pepper flakes, kochukaru
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil, changkeelum

I personally like this brand of kochujang:

You can use any type of sugar you like, but I like using brown sugar for the taste. The corn syrup you can buy from any Korean grocery store




Heat up your pan or pot with a little oil (i like to use olive oil). Then mix together all the ingredients above except for the dried ojinguh on low heat, letting it simmer for a couple minutes until everything has blended together


Then add your dried ojinguh to the mix


Mix everything together so the sauce covers up all the dried ojinguh


Let it simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes while you mix everything together every once in awhile. You should taste it to see if you want it more or less spicy. I personally like it kind of spicy, so if you taste it and it's too hot, just add some more water, or more ojinguh and it should help solve that problem...

Once you get it to the right "spiciness" let it dry for a bit, and then voila you have some yummy ojinguh for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment