Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Marinating bulgogi 불고기

Ingredients:
Sliced bulgogi
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sesame oil, changkeelum
Ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
Chopped scallions
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon honey powder

I did this serving for one person. I like using low sodium soy sauce and brown sugar - but feel free to use regular soy sauce and white sugar. You can also substitute sugar for Sprite / Asian pear too!

Mix together all the ingredients except for the meat. I put mine in a container so I can marinate it over night. The longer it's marinated, the better it is!
Yes my picture is sideways. Like I said in my other post, I am computer illiterate! I do not know how to rotate it the right way hahaha!

I had some scallions left, so I chopped all of it up, and put it in a container to use the next day
Takes up less room in the fridge and makes it easier the next time you need scallions!

Next, mix in your raw meat with the marinade. I'm a bit paranoid so I always wear disposable gloves. You can pick them up at any Asian grocery store.

Make sure everything is coated with the marinade. Feel free to toss in onions and mushrooms as well....



I kept mine in the fridge overnight to get all the marinade to soak in...

You can cook and eat the next day! Or you can cook it and freeze it in a ziplock to keep for a rainy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment