Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jakok Bap

Ingredients
Brown rice
Sweet brown rice
Hukmi rice (black)
Mixed beans

I mix together about 1/3 brown rice, 1/3 sweet brown rice, 1/3 mixed beans

 
You can buy mixed beans at a grocery store, any kind you like




Also mix in some black rice to your mixture






 
I keep mine in an airtight container next to the regular white rice

 


Before you cook it, it's better to soak the rice mixture in water for a couple hours.  I would try to do atleast 4-5 hours, overnight is OK.  Rinse it out, and then before you cook it add in a little more water than you would with white rice (mine goes above my knuckle when my hand is on the rice).  I cook it using my "semi mixed brown" setting on the rice cooker.  

Definitely a healthier way to eat rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment