Total Pageviews

Monday, July 26, 2010

Kim Chee Ji Gae 김치 찌개

Ingredients
2-3 slices of pork (or you can use spam!)
1 1/2 cup of kimchee
pork marinade: 2 TB kuk kan jan (간장) + 1 chopped scallion + dash of pepper + 1 TP minced garlic
Chopped mushrooms
1 chopped green pepper
2-3 TP goschukaru (고추가루)
Dduk
Sliced onion and mushroom
2 TP olive oil
Sliced soft tofu


I buy the sliced pork from H Mart (but I'm not a big pork person, so you might want to use more).  I soaked it in water to get the blood out for about 30-45 minutes






Also put the dduk to soak in water in the mean time




After the blood is drained, I marinated the pork in the above ingredients






I got my pot ready and heated it up...added some olive oil and the pork mixture (added all the liquid too)...






Add the onions



Cook until it's about half way done, then add the kimchee







Stir it around and then add the 고추가루



Let it stir fry a bit more on medium heat.. make sure to mix it around so it doesn't burn.... leave on heat for about 5-6 minutes while you prepare the other things...

I cubed this soft tofu




Then after you stir fry, add the water




I ended up adding some zucchini randomly

Get it to a good boil and then add the mushrooms (optional) - usually I add enoki but only had cremini





Let it boil for about 1-2 minutes, then drain and add the dduk



When everything is about 90% cooked add the tofu and mix around




Cook for about 2-3 minutes more and you are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment