Total Pageviews

Friday, July 9, 2010

Mackerel JoRim 고등어 조림

It's been awhile. I need to update this website - it looks like a ten year old made it ha.  AhhhH!!
Anyway here is a recipe for mackerel, yum~ I just got a new wok so I was very happy to use it =)

Ingredients
2 yellow potatoes
1/3 sliced onion
green + red kochu
2 mackerel fillets
3 pieces of dashima
1 sliced green onion

Sauce: 3 tb soy sauce, 2 tb gochu ka-ru, 1 tb gochujang, 1 tp minced garlic, dash of pepper, dash of sesame oil

I bought mackerel that was already cleaned / fillet... but make sure you clean it, use a paper towel to dry it and salt it a bit. Put it to the side for now.

I used the wok and heated a small bit of olive oil.  Meanwhile I cut up my vegetables


I didn't have any red ko-chu, but if you do you can add them.  Make sure to clean out the seeds and slice it then.  I had two potatoes which I peeled and sliced, and then sliced about 1/3 an onion.

Mix together the ingredients of the sauce~ "play" with it as you want ~ if you want it more spicy, add more gochujang etc. Leave it to the side for now...



Next I put the dashima and onions on the wok to start cooking.  I put it on low-medium heat


Next I layered on the potatoes




Next layer, the fish~

The green peppers (and red if you have)


Next pour the sauce you made on top



Add the pa / green onion



Then pour enough water so everything is about covered so you can cook it~



I put the lid on and then cooked it on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes



It should start boiling and cooking everything~ yum



Taste it to make sure everything is cooked.... then plate and eat =)

I swear, I am the WORST at plating... i promise it tastes better than it looks =)



No comments:

Post a Comment