Total Pageviews

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sam Kae Tang 삼계탕

Ingredients
two cornish hens
15-20 daechu
4 ginseng root
15-20 peeled garlic cloves
10 chestnuts
sweet rice

I have such ADD - I ended up buying cornish hen that was already cut in half!! Hopefully you won't =)  You might have to clean out the guts if they already aren't - I am a weakling, I bought one that was cleaned~!  Then soak it in water for about 30 minutes to drain the blood out or you can boil it once and then cool it off


I soaked the sweet rice in water for about 30 minutes as well~  you want enough to be able to stuff about 2/3 of the each chicken




I started to boil the water with the ginseng for now



Next stuff everything inside each chicken~ i put about 8-10 garlic cloves, 5-6 daechus and chestnuts and the rice inside.  Since I bought mine sliced, I came across a big problem!! Usually you can stuff the chicken, and then cross / tie it's legs... but since mine was actually cut in half, I had to improvise =) ended up wrapping it in cheese cloth and using sticks to keep it together =).

 I put the extra daechu in the water with the chicken



You have to just boil it on low / medium heat for a couple hours~ so you have a couple bubbles popping... 

I cooked it about 4 hours~


No comments:

Post a Comment