Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bin Dae Duk

Ingredients
1 cup peeled mung beans
2/3 cup chopped onions
2/3 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup of kimchee
2 kochu peppers
2/3 cup sliced pork (optional)
olive oil for cooking
water

I used about a cup of mung beans.  I bought a bag at the korean grocery store - the peeled ones.




Soak the mung beans overnight in water.  As they soak in water, they will soften so I usually leave them in the fridge overnight.


This is what it looked like the next day


I used the food processor to grind this up. I put about half of it in at first



Make sure you drain out the excess water.  I added some water maybe half a TB? You can always add water later but better to start out with less water then more ~


I ground up half and then added the rest




Pour it into a large bowl and set it aside.  Now its time to chop the mushrooms and onions.  I used about 2/3 cup each.  You can do this by hand using a knife, but I was lazy so I just used the food processor since it was already out





I used the chop setting



Add to the mung bean mixture



Chop up kimchee and add as well...you can chop the kimchee by hand if you like larger pieces in yours but it's all personal preference!



Add sliced kochu




Pork~ (optional)



Mix it around


Heat up a pan with some oil and start to fry!  I try to make each one as thin as possible, so they (1) cook more evenly and faster and (2) it's easier to get the crispiness on the outside!

I usually serve with just plain soy sauce but you can add kochu peppers directly into the soy sauce to give it a little kick!








1 comment:

  1. This looks soo good! Definitely going to try this at the weekend. I think I saw them making these in namdaemunmarket market in Seoul.
    Thanks, Rachel

    ReplyDelete