Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dumplings 만두

1 cup kimchee
1 cup tofu
1 egg yolk
2 garlic
Sesame oil
Dash of pepper
2 chopped scallions
1 lb Ground pork / chicken / beef
1 package of mandu skins

Chop up the kimchee and put it in a big bowl


In a separate small bowl, put 1 tp sesame oil and some gochukaru on the tofu and then mash it up





Add to the kimchee

Add the yolk and scallions


The garlic and pepper


And mix together


Prepare the meat in a separate bowl.  I ended up using chicken, pork and beef to see what it's like but you can use all one type if you want.  Add some minced garlic and scallion and mix it together




Time for mandu making! I am not the best at shaping them!

Put some of the meat mix on first


Then the kimchee / tofu mix


Then close and shape as you like

I ended up making a variety - some with the meat mixture only, some with tofu/kimchee only etc


I know it's not pretty ha. I ended up getting lazy and didn't care about the kimchee stains you see ha.  Make sure to do this on wax paper with some flour so it doesn't stick.  I ended up freezing alot of these

No comments:

Post a Comment