Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yaki Soba (Chicken)

Ingredients
Chicken (see previous post) - or you can use regular chicken and just boil it to make it soft
Udon noodles
Chopped vegetables (Depending on how much you are making - I made it a 1:1 ratio of noodles to vegetables)
Marinade: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1.5 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 cup rice wine/mirin, 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Udon noodles (you can use the ones for yaki soba or ramen or rice instead too)

You can use whatever vegetables you want - I used what I had it my fridge - broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, sprouts, onions




I had some onions already chopped up from the other day.  Took out the chicken as well (from my last post).  I had the marinade in one container





I used this brand of Japanese udon noodles.  I used two of them for this dinner!  I got the water boiling and started too cook the noodles.  Read the package - mine said to cook it 10 minutes, but I only cooked it 8 minutes.... just cook it about 75-80% done so it doesn't get overcooked when you cook it later with the vegetables





Meanwhile on the burner I heated it up my wok and added the minced garlic



Once it starts to sizzle, add the onions, broccoli and carrots to cook



Once it's about 75% done add the mushrooms



Keep a watch on your udon!


Add the mushrooms and spouts (ie vegetables that don't take as long to cook)



Noodles should be ready by soon - drain and wash under cold water


Add to the pot



Add the sauce



Mix it around and cook it for about 1-2 more minutes


Plate and serve!





And of course it's extra yummy with kimchee =)

No comments:

Post a Comment