Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chicken Fried Rice

Another option to use the chicken from my earlier post.

Ingredients
Chicken - I only had about 1/2-3/4 left but you can use more if you like
Chopped vegetables - I used about 1/3 cup broccoli, shredded carrots, spouts, 1/3 cup mushrooms, 1/3 cup onions
2 servings of rice
Marinade: 1 TB soy sauce, 1/2 TB guk kan jang (soy sauce for soups), 1 TB sesame oil, 1 TB minced garlic, dash of pepper

I took out the rest of the chicken (from my earlier post) and vegetables.



I decided to use my stainless steel wok.  I have the all clad one - I learned that you have to let it heat up for like 3 minutes.  If you start to cook too quickly the pan will turn brown - so let it heat up and then cook!

I started with the broccoli, carrots and onions


I decided to cook some salmon to eat with the rice (optional).  I learned the trick is to just leave it on the stove and don't touch it! I cooked about 1 pound - 8 minutes on each side eventually



Make sure to watch your wok and keep mixing so nothing burns - I had mine on medium heat.  Then put together the marinade ingredients



I have a lot of rice just frozen for every day use! I de frosted it while waiting for the rest to cook



Once the onions start to turn a little brown and the vegetables are about 75% cooked, add the rest


The sprouts


Chicken and mushrooms


Mix it around


Cook for about 2 minutes then add your rice


Stir for about a minute. Then add the marinade


Mix around



Mix around for another 3-4 minutes.  Taste it to see if you like it - I made mine more on the "light" side - so add more soy sauce if you want more flavor

Then plate and enjoy



We only plate a little at a time otherwise we eat really fast ha.  On a side note, this sauce from Whole Foods is DELISH with salmon!


No comments:

Post a Comment